Saturday, October 7, 2017

Last month I went to Palmetto Tat Days in Toccoa, GA, again.  This year I was able to get some HDT from Karey Solomon.  I had heard of her wonderful thread, but somehow missed it last year.  (How, I don't know, unless she had a much smaller supply then).  I'm still winding the new threads onto bobbins but wanted to share some of them first.  A couple, like Kilt, aren't as impressive on the bobbin as they were in the skein, unfortunately.  I bought 14 different colors; here are some of them.  The first one is bamboo, not cotton, and is really soft.  Karey says it's more absorbent, too, and makes great coasters.  I told her I live in the land of no humidity, so I rarely use coasters.  :-)

I'm not sure if I'm more enchanted by the colors or by the names.  In addition to the ones below, I also have Early Spring, Jellyfish, Spring Morning Lakeside, Toodles, and Verdigris.

Isn't it pretty?  I think/hope the colors show up fairly accurately.

Grape Hyacinth
















Midnight Breeze

Morning Crocus




Kilt, view 1


Kilt, view 2 (the other side of the bobbin)





It Might Be Magic, view 1


It Might Be Magic, view 2


Ellie
Shepherd's Warning

2 comments:

  1. You found some lovely colors! I love hand-dyed thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be interesting to see how the colours look tatted up.

    ReplyDelete