Sunday, October 23, 2016

I went to Santa Fe last weekend to see some friends and some fall color.  I didn't want to go empty-handed, so I made a little suncatcher with one of those glass blobs that they use to fill vases.  The thread is by Marilee Rockley; the name of it is Hello October so it seemed like the ideal choice for this project.  The glass has an iridescent sheen that didn't photograph well, but I think will show up in real life.

The pattern is from the Facebook Tatters files, and was designed by Carolyn Craig to be made with a sixpence.  The central round is made twice, than the second round connects the two pieces and sandwiches the glass.  Then there's a third round with triple picots.  It was easy enough that I'm thinking about making some for Christmas gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment