Friday, October 13, 2017

The first class project from Tat Days is the Ring of Clovers.  The class was taught by Paige Deputy and was my first successful attempt at tatting over a plastic ring, aka "cabone".

I see that my tension isn't consistent since the rings and chains aren't mirrored exactly, even though there are the same number of stitches.  However, for a class project it turned out very well.  Usually the things I make while learning have more flaws.  Once I've made a pattern and have more confidence it turns out better.

The thread for this one is "Serendipity" by AlenAleaDesign.  You can find her on Etsy.  The colors are a bit brighter in real life than what my scanner captured.


2 comments:

  1. That looks really nice! I wanted to take that class, but another class overlapped it. I guess I'll have to try it on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get the pattern CD? If so, there's an error in this pattern. The third ring had the same count as the first, but it should have been reversed.

      Delete