Tuesday, January 27, 2015

As part of the blog creation process, I went looking for other blogs to add to my links. I came across this one, and found an interesting pattern, the Sine Wave Bookmark. I've promised to make bookmarks for the Friends of the Library store, and this pattern gives permission to sell bookmarks made from it. I'm not sure it will be up to par for selling; it may turn out to be the practice piece to keep for myself. I'll keep at it and see how it ends up. I saw a bookmark on Facebook that had an owl charm and I think that's terribly appropriate for a bookmark. Some hours on Etsy later I found an adorable fellow with magnificent eyebrows. It came in a packet of six, so I can keep some and put some on the Friends store contribution. Contributions. :-)
Thread is Lizbeth 156, size 10.

2 comments:

  1. Bookmarks are so much fun to tat! I've gotten to the point where I prefer bookmarks in size 40 or 80 so that they're not so thick. I used to think size 10 was fine... now it seems like rope! Please keep us informed as to whether your bookmarks are a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like size 10 because it goes faster and I can see it. With anything smaller I need magnifying glasses and sometimes even a light. I also have a long-haired cat so I do a lot of my tatting during my breaks at work, and it takes forever to get anything done. Size 10 bookmarks don't need as many repetitions to be a decent size.

    ReplyDelete